Friday, July 25, 2008

lion

I guess my parents weren't crazy when they told me I should not go out into the neighborhood because of lions. Perhaps this will encourage me to spend less time naked in the backyard eating chicken.

NOT!

I have thought of a few ways to start my memoir about this summer, including:
It was the summer of chicken...

In mid-June, I stepped on a bee...

Like a beautiful butterfly emerging from its chrysalis...

Like many others, I love my dog in an unnatural way...
Just a start.

3 comments:

noyb said...

omg, sad sad sad! that little puppy lion didn't do anything to anybody!! or did he? did he eat a baby?? either way, not his fault!

Bananarchist said...

whatever, it's strict liability to be an ultrahazardous animal, for which the rememdy is to be SHOT ON SIGHT. add that to your legal, restitution, and equitable remedies. our friend N.K.'s little sister was quoted in another one of these lion stories (there have been TWO LIONS in residential palo alto neighborhoods since 2004!) saying something like, "hooray, i want to see a lion!" immediately after that a palo alto woman was quoted as saying, "i would rather walk between the lion and the shot than see that poor lion die." palo altans are such stupid hippies!

noyb said...

omg, heartless woman! if i could back in time, i'd form a joint tenancy with that lion!!! and then i'd sue the city of palo alto for loss of consortium!