Saturday, July 26, 2008

bar bag

I took a break from my daily botching of MBE questions to finally read the letter the California Bar Office of Admissions sent me last month, and then assembled my bar-readiness bag.

The rules are sort of ridiculous. I am borrowing my dad's clock-sized (but still under 4"x4"!) analog manwatch. The earplugs are bar-approved; California specifically forbids its aspiring attorneys from bringing "connected" earplugs or earplugs made from a "plastic material" such as those for swimming purposes. It does, however, permit you to bring TWO pillows (without cases), crutches, a mouse pad, a book stand, highlighters (only for highlighting the questions, as opposed to...?), and feminine hygiene products.

Apparently the California Bar does not understand that some women bleed like horses* and that you could probably fit an entire MBE on the perforated plastic sheathing of those giant pink superwing bats that those women press against their crotches 3-5 days out of month. Not that I would ever do that, since I earned my winning moral character evaluation through 27 years of unimpeachable upstandingness and all-around kindness toward flesh, fish, and fowl. (*This, by the way, required me to Google the phrases, "do horses menstruate" and "mare estrus." The answer is still not clear. No help on YouTube, either.) And those guys that can write your name on a piece of rice could probably write all of the Conviser Mini Review on even a light days tampon. I am not supposed to be on the rag during the exam, so the pads you see above are solely reserved for the purpose of wiping the vomit from my mouth after the performance exam, because tissues are not provided.

Food and water are also not permitted at the bar, but one is allowed unlimited numbers of pens and pencils. Shivakamini, here's another product that we can add to our bar preparation line: EDIBLE PENCILS. I am planning to sneak in some Pocky and pretzel sticks and chicken rolled into straight lines among my #2s.
Just six more days and eighteen hours of testing, and I'll be free!

5 comments:

noyb said...

we should just encourage people to eat their own menstrual fluid (sorry boys) for increased stamina. that's permitted, right?

Grraar said...

almost all mammals go through estrous. horses being one of those animals. i dont think they have a period per se, more just some bloody estrus leaking. yes, i did get the high school award for best biology student 1999.

noyb said...

you were still in high school in 1999? hmph!

Bananarchist said...

at dinner my dad suggested i bring a loaf of bread and push a #2 pencil through the end of it, and call it a pencil.

oz said...

i'm borrowing a watch from my brother. it has a pink face with a green border and glow in the dark hands. this is complemented by a purple rubbery watch band. it has the word "appetime" on it.