Wednesday, July 09, 2008

the answer, my friend, is

5.75".

Sorry for absence by blog, Stephanie is in town (hooray!) so I have gone from sofa king bored to delighted (but sure to fail the bar - oh well!). She just taught me that there is a "spliced comma" in that last sentence! New grammar words for the grammar nerds!

In keeping with the linguistic theme, I will leave you tonight with one more puzzle from the book from the trash to contemplate:
Grsmr kxcgob sc mybbomd?

(a) Ylfsyecvi xyd drsc yxo.
(b) Pybqod sd.
(c) Iye kbo k qyyn qeoccob.
(d) Kxydrob sxknoaekdo kddowzd.
You don't have to wait a day for the correct answer, which is (c). I don't know why it's (c). The book, like a BarBri professor, explains nothing, and just gives answers.

Bar update: I am a leaky boat and I am just trying to get to shore before capsizing! Or maybe I am the Titanic and bar review merely arranges the deck chairs on me.

P.S. Marvin Gaye describes "that feeling" as "capsizing." OMFG whatta genius.

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Sd sc tecd vsuo k mbizdoh! Count 11 letters backwards (inclusive).

there'll be no butter in hell said...

um, more posts please!

also your "comment deleted" is so ominous and mysterious! you are a woman of mystery!