Wednesday, October 19, 2005

POACHING, 78 points

Bingoes abound. The Scrabble tournament continues.

I'm struggling to find people at the law school who share my aesthetic and political sensibilities. Now I have raised the bar to a single standard: people who do not use deodorant. Law students who do not use deodorant. I WANT TO MEET YOU.

What the fuck is wrong with people?

Also, people who tell stories about themselves, let's say stories about traveling in foreign countries, that aren't self-aggrandizing survivors' fictions but are honest stories about being puked upon or unable to communicate without a Lonely Planet phrasebook. Or people who ask questions. I WANT TO MEET YOU.

But especially people who don't subscribe to that horrible habit of applying overwhelmingly pungent carcinogens to their shorn underarm bristles--I WANT TO MEET YOU.

1 comment:

freethoughtguy said...

Nice Scrabble reference! Bingos rule! Scrabble is my favorite board game, and practice makes perfect!

To paraphrase Shakespeare, "The Word-Play's The Thing!"