Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Deontological+

I must be releasing ova like crazy because I'm looking at people on the subway in a way that I don't usually look at them. Spent the day in a post-insomniac daze, three hours of rest after a night of hand-wringing worry about the state of my social life. Why is it so hard not to feel like an alien? My class laughs about the prospect of eating from the trash. Everyone laughs. I cringe--what's wrong with food from the trash?--and am swept along the uneasy laughter tide. But today I spoke to some nice folks, and I'm feeling a little better.

Then there's the flip side of wanting to see everybody naked, not because the sex is gratifying but because the intimacy is humbling. Then that goes away and I'm just angry ant mad at The Way Things Were.

Not making much sense but I'm having trouble keeping my eyelids open. My newest favorite food is not "Nerds on a Rope" but "Nerds Rope." Laura pointed out that the former would sort of be like CoreyCide, her imagined holocaust of men named Corey--Feldman and Haim first and foremost--which occurred, one surmises, in the early 1990s.

No comments: