Sunday, December 27, 2009

resolutions

Because I never grew out of my infantile fascination with the erogenous zone of the anus, I not only made thirty-six new year's resolutions but also divided this list into Daily, Weekly, Annual, and General goals, and then put it all into a spreadsheet with check boxes so I could track my progress.

A representative sample:

Create something daily.
Visit Grandma once a week.
Learn three new skills or crafts.
Avoid boredom.
Do not let my job age me.
Learn to cook fifteen dishes from Mom.
Err on the side of kindness.
Encourage Dad to relax more.

I am counting the skill that I learned this week toward my 2010 resolutions. I made a shoe rack and a multiple guitar stand out of PVC pipes without cutting any of my fingers off. The new year is looking good.

No comments: