Sunday, December 27, 2009

decade in review

R and I spent equal amounts of time not working and exchanging emails last week. It's just hard to pay attention at the end of the year. One day she sent me a chronological list of 33 actions she had taken before 2 p.m., including: "11:15am: get to work. read my email and gossip news about brittany murphy's 'inner demons.'" and "2pm: wonder if we won any prizes from bowling party."

When we realized that the decade was ending (GOOD LORD), she sent me a list of the highlights of her life in the last decade. It was a fun exercise, so I tried it too.

2000 Think I upset lots of girls this year
2001 Had life transforming experiences
2002 Felt older than I was
2003 Felt even older, graduated from college
2004 Think I was very fit and underemployed this year
2005 Ditto 2004, law school, marriage, divorce
2006 I studied very hard, my heart was a soggy mattress
2007 I was happy where I was
2008 I was happy where I was, then suddenly very unhappy
2009 I started very unhappy, but ended happy

Try it! Feel free to post results.

No comments: