Wednesday, December 02, 2009

diversity training

The most eventful thing that happened today, besides a conversation with S that left me listing against a post in front of Chevy's Fresh Mex, stricken with lust, was that I nearly fainted from hunger whilst sitting at my desk and paging through competing health insurance plans. Lunch is catered every day at the office, but one must pay $6.50 for the meal; if one waits until 2:30 p.m., the leftovers are free. Obviously, one waits. My parsimony today was rewarded with one piece of sushi, white rice, the onions and scallions from a Mongolian beef dish, and two golfball-sized cream puffs.

Last night, Kathy and I swapped stories about our workplace harassment trainings. Hers included a skit in which a white man says to an Asian man, "Hey, a really great Chinese food place just opened up downtown!" and the Asian man responds, "Man, what makes you think I even like Chinese food? I'm Korean." The best part, according to Kathy: "The actor playing the Korean man was flagrantly Filipino!"

No comments: