Friday, March 27, 2009

people are nice

I wrote to the guy who sold me the Ibanez guitar (see below) and he wrote a nice email back.
Hi James,

Remember me? You sold your guitar to me for $20 off the price you wanted to sell it for, because we thought the pickups were broken. I told you at the time that if I took it to a shop and they said there was nothing wrong with the pickups, I'd pay you back the $20. Well, guess what? I owe you $20. I took the damn thing apart and put it back together before I realized that the VOLUME WAS TURNED DOWN. How silly is that?

Anyway, are you on PayPal? I lost your address so I figured it's just easiest to PayPal transfer the cash rather than mail a check. Let me know what you prefer me to do!

[Bananarchist]
His response:
Hi [Bananarchist],

I can't believe neither one of us thought to check the volume control! I'm so glad it works fine. Thanks for letting me know that everything is okay. I was worried I sold you something that required a costly repair. No need to worry about the $20. Enjoy!

James
Sometimes people are just really nice! Sometimes money is not as important as good will!


1 comment:

crankypants said...

this story makes me really happy!