Saturday, June 21, 2008

narcoleptic slacker icon

is how Pandora describes Badly Drawn Boy. Why would that ever be a selling point? I fast-forwarded past that song. No more narcoleptic slacker icons for me! No more indie-ish rock at all, either! Ew! x 1000. Now it's onto Earth, Wind & Fire, and Aaliyah, who I really like! The Rolling Stones, hooray! I find myself inexplicably attracted to screamcore and metal, or rather, other people's attractions to screamed vocals over 32 thirty-secondth notes of Cmsus4 played with distortion on the distortion. On the BART yesterday I thought a ceiling fan was malfunctioning until I realized the noise was coming from the headphones of the white guy sitting next to me. Very interesting! What does one think about when one sits quietly on a commuter rail listening to music to be slaughtered to?

I am convinced that Dolly Parton is a frakking genius. Also, I am no longer ashamed to admit that I have liked the Grateful Dead since I was twelve, I cried and wrote a poem when Jerry Garcia died in 1994, and I don't care that 3/4ths of my former partners berated me for liking "baby music" because guess what?? You're former partners and I still love "Sugar Magnolia"! I am on the "Golden Road to Unlimited Devotion"! The Grateful Dead, Joan Baez, Ugly Kid Joe, the Donnas, and James Franco all went to my high school!

No comments: