Tuesday, June 03, 2008

entries from my notes, torts day 2

I keep writing “persimmon” when I am trying to write “permission.” This is particularly loathsome when the subject is torts and we are talking about duties owed by possessors of land to entrants upon land, because the word “persimmon,” strike that, “permission,” occurs at least once a sentence.

THIS ROW:

  1. This boy loves the Mets and drinks Diet Dr. Pepper. He looks like Olivia’s ex-boyfriend, Ben, the one that composes music for video games. Maybe because he is hapa? He looks more bored than anyone else in this row.
  2. This man just graduated from Santa Clara. His name is Shen and he has braces and a thick Chinese accent. When I sat down next to him, he said, “You like to draw?” And I said, “Did you notice my doodling? I have to doodle if I am doing nothing but listening.” And then I said, “Hi, I’m Mandy.” Then he chuckled, because he didn’t hear me. Then I said again, “Hi, I’m Mandy.” And then he said, “Oh! Shen.”
  3. This malodorous monkey who wants a gin and tonic is me.
  4. This woman has a Blackberry.
  5. This woman went to Los Angeles over the weekend for a wedding. Her name is Pamela and she just graduated from Stanford Law School. Pamela chats with me in the mornings before the video starts. She says, "I am so far behind!" and I say, "Getouttahere! I haven't cracked the MPQ!" I offer her my cashews and she politely declines. She seems like a friendly and uneventful person, and already I have a crush on her.

Sometimes I’m so thrilled that I made it out of New York without getting killed on my bike or accidentally burning my house down.

No comments: