Friday, January 21, 2005

So much pathos, so little type

PFLAG has name recognition. Lots of folks, queer or not, know PFLAG. PFLAG moms with rainbow flags. PFLAG friends with "ally" buttons. Popular PFLAG. Maureen McCormick PFLAG with the straight teeth, blonde hair, wide-shouldered boyfriends.

The analogue, I guess, is the Jan Brady organization PFOX (Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays and Lesbians). You can almost hear the shrill lament, "PFLAG, PFLAG, PFLAG!"

I found this sad little article on the PFOX site. It expresses the kind of sad hope that one imagines children must feel when they are told that they will be reunited with their dead pets in heaven.

PFOX

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't get the Brad Pitt thing. He's so boring to look at.

Leo said...

Mandy,

Your article link is dead, but I managed to find it.

I actually do get the Brad Pitt thing. He'd convert me if I were a lesbian.

Cheers-
Leo