Tuesday, September 13, 2011

death in norcal

I drove to Palo Alto on Sunday to have dinner with my grandma, parents, and extended family. I was heading south on Highway 101 at a normal cruising speed.

This is what happened next. I couldn't have made this up. A yoga mat fell off a Prius a few cars in front of me. The yoga mat unfurled and fluttered in the air like the wings of a majestic butterfly. Then these majestic wings went SPLAT across the front of my windshield. And then for two panic-filled seconds, I could see nothing. My car went forward at 75mph but its driver was blind.

Then I thought, This is it. This is how you die in Northern California.

I hate them.
Post script: It fluttered to the next flower after two seconds, then came to rest on the shoulder. Everyone lived, except the butterfly.

1 comment:

oz said...

won't be a problem once life 2.0 (3.0?) starts (but avoiding human feces will be)