Thursday, July 09, 2009

dear god please leave me alone

V____ from three posts back is back at it. I waited 18 hours after his last email invitation to say, "Sorry, I'm busy. But I'll see you in class!" Collegial, short, evasive. A good reader would understand that I have expressed a lack of interest in friendship. But V____ is not a good reader.

Just now I got this email:
What up [Bananarchist],

Hi, how are you? I hope all is well. I'm going to be in the city Sunday working with my first client and was wondering if you wanted to grab brunch at 11:00AM at
LePeep.
1010 W. Washington Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60607
312-563-9990
Let me know by Saturday at noon.

Best,
V_____
He wrote it just like this, with the "What up" and the Let me know by Saturday at noon in italics and bold.

What in good God? I honestly don't think he's trying to ask me on a date; he wants to make friends. But who makes demands for friendship like this?! With italicized deadlines, in bold?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bananarchist, you are so brilliant and beautiful and I love you!