Monday, April 13, 2009

gegenüber

Oh I am having a whale of a weird romance. It is week two, and I am of two minds about it. It's hard to explain while still being discreet. Today I met Bavarian Boyfriend for a long lunch break. He suggested seeing a free classical music concert at the Chicago Cultural Center. It was a lovely forty-five minutes of soporific chamber music underneath an oceanic Tiffany glass dome whose predominant color is a calming sea-green. It was nice that he had suggested the event and nice that he wanted to meet me for lunch and nice that he talked a little bit about his experience playing the cello. But then at the end of the concert, I learned that he claps by pressing his palms directly together with equal force rather than by clapping the right one against the left at an angle like most adults do. This was most horrifying!


No comments: