Wednesday, October 01, 2008

interstate

I think I know why Gotham (the font I fawned over below) feels so much like home to me. If I'm not totally mistaken, the NYU Law website uses Interstate, another font designed by Tobias Frere-Jones.

Meanwhile, the judge is out of town for the rest of the week, my Oct. 1 deadline has come and gone, my first opinion has been published, and I am blogging at work. Dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria. I think I will sit at a bar tonight and watch first the Cubs and then the Red Sox lose their respective ballgames.

I am in the market for books to read, now that I'm almost done with The Known World. Two of my favorite books are My Antonia and The Great Gatsby, and I want to read more like them: the titular iconic American subject observed with just a twist of wist by a sensitive, less spectacular first-person narrator. Recommendations?

Also, big, big thanks for all the wonderful people who have sent me things in recent weeks. Without my prompting, two friends sent me scarves! I keep RC's at work. It's black. Each morning I wind its 10' around my head until I look like the end of a hockey stick


and my judge comes in and says, "You really need to call the General Services Administration and get that vent to stop blowing AC on your face." SB's I use for riding to work - I woke up this morning and it had suddenly become fall. It's 49 degrees already! Thank you both, and thank you all. My moving boxes indeed came, the day after I put up that forlorn blogpost about losing all my possessions and dog and girlfriend. One down, two to go.

No comments: