Sunday, March 02, 2008

help me name my guitar

My new favorite way to waste time involves tracing the edges of the pentatonic box on the fretboard of my guitar. It is a blue agave 2005 Fender Standard Stratocaster with two single-coil pickups and a humbucker at the bridge - this is not necessary to know but admiration of the instrument's unfathomable electronics and smoove patina is part of my daily guitar worship, so why not write it down? It has a little sticker of a strawberry on the pickguard by the first string. I've sort of fiddled with it for a few years but haven't really sat down to learn anything fancy until recently. I'm still terrible at it.

It doesn't have a name yet, which is strange because I have named almost every other significant possession I own. I would like to name this guitar Brian, after my favorite guitarist Brian May, but my brain is named Brian and it would be too confusing to call my brain and my guitar the same thing. I thought a good alternative name would be Barry (for the sticker), but my crocheted strawberry is already named Barry, and that too would be very confusing. Other names that are already taken up by other possessions are Freddie, Jondolar, Jondolar 2, Rrose Selavy, Lefty, and Bobby Lee.

So folks, please help me name my guitar. Also, please someone write my A paper for me.

1 comment:

Grraar said...

Farrokh, though he didn't play the guitar. but if freddie is already taken.