Friday, April 14, 2006

goddamn friday why'm i in the library

...printing reams of paper in the library? There's a catalogue for novelty sci-fi bobbleheads. I leaf through it while waiting for "The Instruments of Presidential Command: Executive Orders." I had read "instruments" as "sinstruments," which would have made for much more exciting reading. Among the sci-fi characters in the bobblehead catalogue: Marshall (Mathers III), Smeagol, Cheech, Chong, Kip Dynamite, Michael Myers. I want bobblehead Legolas. Is this wrong?

Another character in the catalog also reminded me of other things that might be potentially wrong. For example, is it bad that as recently as twenty years ago I was "excited" by things like (1) the metallic undergarments that Carrie Fisher sports in that scene in Star Wars when she's chained to Jabba the Hutt and (2) Robocop's mouth?

No comments: