Tuesday, April 18, 2006

extra ordinary

Two consecutive nights of extraordinarily vivid dreams. Unnerving verisimilitude so I'm waking shaking. I can't remember any of them except the one I had between Snooze #2 and Snooze #3 this morning...but how do hours pass in dream time when only 10 real-time minutes have passed? This dream involved L. throwing a hooked dagger at my head. It thudded into the drywall above the doorjamb. Then I sobbed and told her not to move to my neighborhood, the Myrtle-Wyckoff stop on the L and M.

(Oh my God, is my dream brain so brilliant as to make the connection between Myrtle-Wyckoff and the L and M trains? I just recognized the symbolism. Whoa. My dream brain is smarter than my real brain.)

In unrelated news, my Admin prof has just filled two chalkboards with two nonsensical lists. The chalkboards keep rolling up as she tries to write on them. They include such insight as "zing the driver," "M.A.A.D.", "full-press law enf. of MSU laws," "free cabs @ night from bars," "rethink suburbanization?", "congestion mitigation." I guess all that is not nonsensical, but it's written on the board like this: "public transportation-->free cabs @ night from BARS-->MAAD training driver standardization size press passive air bags zing public choice--> curfews consumer technologies enforcement truck laws command and control driver economc consequences externalities rethink?"

1 comment:

eve said...

Are you on Larium? Larium has 2 effects: Paranoid thoughts (especially at night) and totally lucid dreams, in the sense of it's like you're 100% awake and it's for real happening. Like the time when my mother died of the grey death, or the time when, during the neuclear winter, I went searching the rubble that was NYC for food and my sister, and I found them both at once and had to decide whether to eat the food or give it to her.