Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Insomnia, Day 2

Can't sleep tonight again but I'm more sanguine about it now than I was last night. The familiar pattern is settling in - sleepless, sleepless, sleepless - except as I get older the more I realize that freaking out does nothing, and furthermore given my remaining week of winter break I have nothing to freak out about, and the best course of action is to idly think about getting a summer job or strum minor and diminished chords on my guitar. So it's altogether a pleasant though sleepless night.

My summer job question: the Gay? Or not the Gay?

Also, I need to get out of the habit of saying that. I responded, quite earnestly, to my lawyering professor's "What would you like to do next summer?" by saying, "The Gay," which lead to some embarassing "Excuse me?"s and some belabored explanations of my career interests. I think "promo homo" might be less ambiguous?

Brian is not feeling wet/porous/slack anymore. Tonight Brian is feeling leaden, polluted, and slow, like a Chevy Corvair. Brian is a brokedown jalopy. Luckily I have C.A.E.D.E.N. to take his place - the campaigner's latest, "Confirming Academic Excellence, Denying Excessive Nattering." Caeden, Brian. Brian, Caeden. I hope y'all fall in love.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.