Thursday, July 26, 2012

cupcake

Yesterday on my bike commute home, I saw something brown and soft drop from the window of a big rig in front of me. It hit the ground heavy.

I rolled past it a few seconds later. It was a Hostess cupcake, smushed.

At the next red light, I peered into the cab of the truck. The three guys sitting inside wore their facial hair in trimmed, narrow, straight lines, in the manner of certain heavy-lidded men in their early 20s who live in cities and get the munchies and drop their cupcakes out of trucks. 

I shouted up into the cab, "You dropped your Ding Dong!"

"Whaaaat?" They smiled.

"I said, YOU DROPPED YOUR CUPCAKE!!"

"I knoooow!" said one.

"It's so sad!"

"Awwwwwww."

I turned right at the next intersection and I will never see those boys and their cupcake again.

No comments: