Monday, June 25, 2012

just some dad faves

Recent hits from Dad.

He was very proud to show me his homemade violin shoulder rest. Rubber bands and a $1.50 self-massage implement from Daiso:

He threw this away after a few days of use. Onto version 2.0.
 Here he is enjoying the fruits of his labor:

It improved his posture but not his playing.
Dad showing me the card he keeps in his wallet to remind himself of the things he has in his life. Best encouragement: Mom. Best kids: Dr. R., Dr. A., Dr. [Bananarchist; he considers a juris doctor a doctor]. Five brothers. Google Translate, Wikipedia, Baidu, FNN and assorted sheet music websites [Dad loves learning via the Internet]. A photo of Mom eating soup.

Just looking at the card gives him this happy, wistful feeling.
He left a cup of tomatoes on my desk with the label "Cancer Cancellation." The second word did not all fit on one line:


I had to go to the dentist for an operation. My parents drove me there and picked me up after it was over. Dad said, "I have a gift for you!" Then he gave me this $3.99 toy boat they had bought at Walgreens. He said, "If Whitney Houston was my friend, she wouldn't have died, because I would have given her bath toys to distract herself with." This was the week after Whitney Houston drowned in a bath tub:

Afterward, we had soup from the hot bar at Safeway and they drove me to World Market and I bought a stool.
And this is not a Dad fave, but here is an arrangement of my plush toys that M. left for me to discover in my living room one morning:

The horse head is from my brother. The vulva is a costume.

No comments: