Friday, March 16, 2012

life choices

On this rainy morning, I rode the BART to Oakland by accident. My stop came and went and I just stood there looking at the signs but not registering their relation to me. Then the gantry cranes on the Port of Oakland came into view and I said whoops then descended some stairs and ascended some other stairs and waited for the next train then the cranes disappeared and twenty minutes later I was mixing berries with oatmeal at my desk.

Later in the day, I walked in on a partner using a single-stall bathroom. She hadn't locked the door. We made eye contact. I saw legs. She shrieked. I said, "Oh my God sorry" and slammed the door. Then I went and hid a conference room for fifteen minutes to ensure that we would not cross paths when she left. Now I am going to walk to 7-11 to buy a Mega Millions ticket so that we never have to see each other ever again.

No comments: