Friday, May 29, 2009

name my band

Hello friends, because I want to play some shows at the end of July, the time has come for my doo wop band to acquire a name. The suggestions from band members thus far have been a little too pop- and Seinfeld-jokes related for my tastes; a band that plays oldies covers and harmony-rich piano ballads in 6/8 time should not be called The Urban Sombreros.

I found an online band name generator that gave some excellent suggestions, including
  • Nun Against
  • Original Nutmeg Of The Idiotic Trail
  • Monochrome Missing
  • Fax Fuse
  • Exasperated Gym And The Bootleg Tissue
  • Asthma Face
  • Extra-strength Underwear
  • Fractional Pattern
  • Futile Fidelity
  • Nonsense Committee
"Exasperated Gym and the Bootleg Tissue" is truly amazing, but perhaps inappropriate for this band. The name I have been nursing/cherishing for a few years ("Whip It Out/Tuck It Back In") is better for my hair metal project than for the doo wop project.

So, I am at a loss. Please send me suggestions. "[Noun] and the [Nouns]" is always a good template, but no one is exactly a band leader in my band so it should be more equitable. "The [Nouns]" is also good.

"Swine Flu" is probably taken, so don't even bother.

2 comments:

oz said...

X X Ys
or
ex ex wise

Grraar said...

! doowop bands require things like the mandettes. i'm a traditionalist like that.