Wednesday, December 10, 2008

i'm gonna walk myself to town

Nurturing bad sleeping habits through music production again. This song is a true story about being drenched and pathetic in Doolin, Ireland. Here, you can read my fake country lyrics:

I'm Gonna Walk Myself to Town

VERSE 1
I got stuck with my pony
Ninety-five miles away
From a city I don't care too much for
But I can't make go away

I'll take a boat off the shore
I'm going on an island tour
But a storm washed all my plans away
I don't got a boat no more

PRECHORUS 1
It's Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
Lost in the Burren on a slow-moving news day
If I don't get out by Friday,
I'm gonna walk myself to town

CHORUS
Hey, oh, well all right
I'm gonna walk myself to town

V2
I got a twenty in my pocket
But it won't pay the bill
I drink a cup of coffee
But I'm hungry still

I got just enough to catch a bus
At half past one if I'm in luck
But I've been waiting out all day
And no one's picked me up

PC2
One o'clock, two o'clock, three o'clock, four
Though I love you, I can't take no more
If I don't get a ride by five o'clock,
I'm gonna walk myself to town

CHORUS

V3
I've been down by the water
Filling my bags with rocks
Head to the bar a filthy mess
I'm gonna drink my glass of mud

We're strangers and we're talking
Underneath a tap
We can't understand each other
So we look at a map

PC3
One mile, twenty mile, fifty mile, so
I like you plenty but I gotta go
When I'm five thousand miles from the people I know,
I'm gonna walk myself to town

CHORUS

V4
Knew a woman once from Georgia state
A Fulton County license plate
But she won't take my phone calls
I guess I called too late

But who needs that when I got this
A lonely town with a seaside mist
There's an ocean in between us
But you got me in a twist

PC4
California, Connemara, Galway Bay
I'm sick of running from a runaway
If I can't get you off my mind,
I'm gonna walk myself to town

CHORUS x 3

No comments: