Monday, December 27, 2004

Domee and Pineapple express their disappointment

The first time I told my mom that Laura and I would be having the closest thing that two queer girls could have to a wedding next year, she said, "Sheeeeeeeee-it" and shook her head violently. That was six months ago. I broached the subject again, and this time she just tsked and said she would have no friends there. And she said, "What's the point? You can't even get married."

I also told my dad for the first time. He held our save the date card in his hand and sighed the heavy sigh of someone who is deeply disappointed by his children's mistakes. He didn't say anything, propped up the card on my desk, left an apple in my hand, and then left.

Because they disapprove of so much, I've long since learned to ignore their disapproval. Their loss. I guess this clears up two more spots on the guestlist.


No comments: